Wednesday, 6 January 2010

WaPo highlights new hoagie at Taylor


The Washington Post published an article today on the new Pattison Ave hoagie at Taylor Gourmet Deli. The new sandwich serves thinly sliced roast pork, shards of aged provolone and broccoli rabe on the signature Sarcone roll. Owner David Patten explains that his inspiration arose from the roast pork hoagies at two shops in the City of Brotherly Love: DiNic's at the Reading Terminal Market or John's Roast Pork in South Philadelphia.

Have you tried it? How does it stack up?

Image Credit: WaPo

7 comments:

MeganElise said...

It's awesome! I don't know if it'll replace the Ben Franklin Parway as my favorite sandwich at Taylor but it'll definately be in the top 3!

FourthandEye said...

I need to try this new Roasted Pork hoagie out.

My two favorites are the Callowhill (Meatball, provolone) and the Art Museum (Chicken Cutlet,provolone, roasted red peppers).

Anonymous said...

was not my favorite. got it a few weeks back...definitely didnt get into the "Rotation" on my sandwiches from there. Now lemme say I love this place, but the roast pork sandwich that clydes on the wlak used to have was better.

Brandon Green said...

Mmm...that hoagie looks surprisingly healthy.

Anonymous said...

I was really excited to try Taylor Deli, as I live in the area and was craving such a place. I have visited on three separate occasions.

To my utter horror, each time I ordered a sub, the person made it without wearing any gloves, which was disgusting to me. I'm not sure if this is a health violation in DC, but it was enough to turn my stomach. One time the worker wiped his nose with his bare hand and then handled my bread. I had to throw the $7 sandwich out because I was disgusted but too embarrassed to complain.

Has anyone else had a similar experience here, or would you be bugged by this?

Anonymous said...

ewww that is gross! i'm thinking twicw now of going back. The guys over at the Safeway sandwich deli always wears gloves. I may stick to getting my Tuscan chicken sandwich there. Thanks for the warning.

Anonymous said...

Hope the owners of Taylor are reading this!